You’ve got your business up and running and have been for some time but, your bottom line is looking a little sad and you need to get some great marketing going. The problem is you don’t have a lot of money to spend, so the marketing tactics need to be inexpensive and effective.
In order to do this you will needs a few things:
- Time, lots and lots of time
Cheap marketing can result in having a negative effect if you do it wrong and it is easy for that to happen when cheap and marketing are in the same sentence. This will require you to do a lot of the work yourself as you are the passion behind your business and you know it better than anyone else.
Here are the things to look into for cheap marketing tactics:
- Facebook – A social networking service. Create a Fan Page for your business.
- Google Adwords – Advertisements can be run according to the budget you preset. You only have to pay for people who click through to your site.
- Twitter – A site showcasing what people are doing now. Twitter takes a little getting used to because you only get 140 characters to convey your message. It’s a bit tricky but it can be used very effectively to market.
- Email List – Get people to sign up for email lists and send out a weekly or bi-weekly email.
- Newsletters – Similar to email lists but broader in scope and usually sent out bi-weekly to monthly.
- YouTube – An online video-sharing platform that you can use to advertise your business.
- Forums – Hit up forums like-minded to your service or product and be a regular poster on them linking your site in your signature
All of these ways to market really depend on you, how well you use them and how much time you put into them. If you put the time and effort into them, they will definitely pay off in return.